Today, December 21st, is the darkest and shortest day of the year. This is a turning point, or what many people call a "shift". During this day, you may feel intense sadness, congestion, pressure in the body/bodies, and may even have lots of emotions come up. This is because today is a day of reflection and release. We have this opportunity to turn inwards and quiet ourselves. The year of 2018 has been quite crazy for me, and I bet it has for you too. Today is the day to release all of the crazy, all of the years events, so we can look forward to the next year with a clean slate.
Reflect on events from this past year. How do they make you feel? What do you want to let go of? Try this simple ceremony if you wish:
1. Light a bon fire, or find somewhere to burn something.
2. Take a piece of paper and write down all that you wish to release.
3. Fill this paper with all of that energy, emotions, and pour it out into your writing.
4. Half way bunch the paper up and fill it with herbs of your choosing.
5. Bunch up the paper completely and throw it in the fire!
6. Pour all of that negative energy into the fire and feel it burn and fade away.
This ceremony has helped me for many years. It can be quite intense, but it feels amazing. Tweak this as much as you like, and do whatever feels right to you. I hope you find the light within yourself and let go of the darkness.
Much love to you, Blessed Be.